The Sugar Land Wine and Food Affair 2014: The Hendrick's Cocktail Class

I wrote about the Top Shelf Bartender Competition back in 2011, and, believe it or not, it has been going on since then. I just haven't been able to go. This time, however, I was able to make it, and I got to attend a seminar from Hendrick's Gin, which was the first gin I ever got interested in, part of the reason I now like gin as much as I do.

The Hendrick's seminar was great, and we got to make some wonderful cocktails, including the Cucumber Lemonade. To make one, build over ice:
Then there's Hendrick's Blueberry Delight. To make one of these cocktails, build over ice:
The trick is how to make the blueberry green tea syrup. If you try it yourself, do the following: mash a bunch of blueberries, add some water to make it one cup (or two, depending on the quantity you want), add one cup of sugar (or two, see above), and boil with some green tea bags in it. Then strain it through a fine mesh strainer.

To make Hendrick's Tenured Punch, which was fantastic, combine
The punch was the best thing there. The others were, good, but not nearly as flavorful as the Tenured Punch. The combination of the fragrant gin, the green tea, and the Lillet worked perfect together.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay to try all of the bartender competition drinks, so I can't say who won or comment on all of them, so I won't try to do so right now.

But Hendrick's has my heart.